After installing the new windows media player 11 (check here for more info), i had to install the new internet explorer 7. But like wmp11 before installing, there is a Windows Genuine Advantage WGA validation check for whether genuine Windows is installed and you have to validate your copy of windows to be able to continue. If for any reason you didn’t pass your genuine Windows test, you can still install internet explorer 7 on your machine by using the following method:
1. Download a copy of Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP Sp2 from here (x86 32-bit) or here (x64 64-bit)
2. Download the crack for IE7 installer (from here) containing two dll files: IECustom.dll & Normaliz.dll. This is the same patched version of IECustom.dll which is used to install IE7 RC1, and which can still be used to install IE7 Gold edition to bypass any WGA validation.
3. Extract the zip file with cracks.
4. Extract the setup file of IE7 by using WinRAR extraction tool.
5. Copy the patched iecustom.dll to the Update folder of the extracted IE7 setup file. Overwrite any existing files. Read the rest of this entry »