Today i tried to install the new windows media player 11 which can be downloaded free from the microsoft website, but it requires you to validate your windows, and after searching the net for a solution i found this method which worked flawlessly. You have to do the following:
2. Download WinRAR and install WinRAR extraction tool.
3. Extract the WMP11 installer by using WinRAR or PowerArchiver to a directory (e.g. wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu).
4. Download LegitLibM.dll (in RAR format, extract after download) from here.
5. Copy the extracted LegitLibM.dll to the extracted directory of WMP11 installer.
6. Overwrite any existing LegitLibM.dll file.
7. Run setup_wm.exe by double clicking.
8. Install Windows Media Player 11 Final accordingly.
You can now begin using Windows Media Player 11 on your computer.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational and educational purpose only. Readers should contacts Microsoft if their licensed or OEM software cannot be validated or purchase genuine software.