When I launched our company’s Intranet this morning, the following Exception was loaded:
Unknown server tag ‘ajaxToolkit:CalendarExtender’
Locally on the development machine everything worked fine, but on the server it just didn’t want to work. I searched though the net to find solutions and found many who would work normally but in my case, didn’t work for me. The solutions include:
- Uninstalling and Re-Installing the Ajax Control Toolkit on the server
- Uninstalling and Re-Installing the Ajax Extensions on the server
- Add <%@ Register Assembly=”AjaxControlToolkit” Namespace=”AjaxControlToolkit” TagPrefix=”ajaxToolkit”%> at the top of the page
- Check that AjaxControlToolkit.dll, AjaxControlToolkit.pdb, and AjaxExtensionsToolbox.dll are all found in the Bin directory
- In web.config under system.web > compilation > assemblies, check that you have the following assemblies:
- add assembly=“System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35“/>
- add assembly=“System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35“/>
- In web.config under system.web > pages > controls, check that you have the following key added:
- add namespace=“AjaxControlToolkit“ assembly=“AjaxControlToolkit“ tagPrefix=“ajaxToolkit“/>
My problem was totally different from this. The problem was because of IIS. On trying to connect with the server’s IIS from my development machine, I set the Home Directory of the default website as \\servername\share. When a user tried to connect to Intranet, the Intranet would log on to the share specified as the home directory with the user’s log in, and the exception would pop up because not all users have read and write access to that share.
My solution was to set the home directory as \\servername\C$\Inetpub in the Network Directory textbox under the Home Directory tab, then click on the button next to the textbox, Connect As… and set a username and password that have access to that path (ex. the Administrator).
That solved my problem. And everything was working fine again. Happy Programming!