What needs to be downloaded for the upgrade?
Create a folder QuickPWN on your desktop and download the following items in this folder. So that you don’t have to search for your files when needed.
- iTunes v8.xxx – (if you don’t have installed, download from here)
- QuickPWN Tool 2.2 – here
- 2.2 Restore IPSW File
- Bootloader v3.9 – here
- Bootloader v4.6 – here
Install iTunes (if not installed) and the QuickPWN tool.
What should I do Next?
There are many guides to help you upgrade your iPhone 2G and 3G phones. So instead of creating another guide, i’m only showing you the steps you need.
- You need to first plug in your 2G iPhone, and open iTunes.
- Click on your iPhone menu item and click on Update to update your iPhone to the latest version.
- Open QuickPWN, making sure you have your iPhone connected via USB. Click Next.
- In the next form, browse for the IPSW file that you downloaded in the QuickPWN folder. Click Next.
- Check the following boxes near Add Cydia, Add Installer, Unlock Phone. Next.
- Browse for Bootloaders v3.9 and v4.6 (bl-39.bin, bl-46.bin). Next.
- Hold the buttons and perform operations as requested in this form.
- If you did everything right, it should load another form with a very good near it. You have successfully unlocked your iPhone.
For a more detailed guide, next please find a website which will guide you through the steps needed to unlock your iPhone on Windows by clicking here